Gaia Software is an established leader in the healthcare technology industry and is experiencing strong growth. We are searching for a hands-on Accounting Professional or Staff Accountant, with 3+ years of progressive accounting experience (CPA Certificate helpful), to maintain a multiple company financial reporting environment using QuickBooks, plus support functions for our customers, internal sales & marketing and medical billing departments.
If you are a self-directed, critical thinking, and highly motivated individual who exercises excellent judgment in communication, problem solving and accountability, we look forward to hearing from you! You will work with a team of experts that will challenge your skills to perform at an optimal level. Your ability to grow professionally will only be limited by your own boundaries.
The timing is right for the person who is ready for a career opportunity with great upside. We provide the environment for learning and success, with plenty of support. Your part is to bring the energy and willingness to contribute and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain 4 sets of financial books & records including cash receipts, payables, payroll, billing & revenue cycle for internal and external customers.
- Work directly with external accountants on annual financial review and tax preparation filing business cycle.
- Support Consulting Department in data collection and preparation of annual Medicare Cost Reports (based on process costing methodologies) for external customers. Requires customer facing interactions and professionalism.
- Work directly with key Customer contacts on Data-on-Demand (DoD) data exporting tools to Microsoft Excel. Gain a working knowledge for presentation of Excel pivot charts and graphs, both patient and financial data, as part of the monthly business cycle KPI reporting.
- Prepare and Maintain annual budgets and monthly cost per treatment analysis (ABC accounting) for internal and external customers.
- Support the Sales & Marketing Department with customer proposals and contract administration & management.
- Perform HR functions for new & current employees and maintain personnel files. Plus, assist with recruiting, hiring and onboarding activities.
- Assist Billing Department with month end revenue close cycle and reporting requirements for 50 plus external customers.
- Assist Billing Department with patient insurance maintenance, billing and collection activities on an as needed basis.
- Work directly with CPA owner on high end accounting functions including system design and maintenance.
- Self-starter that can effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong interpersonal and organizational communication abilities.
- Detailed oriented with technical and analytical approach to proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the focus on timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business, financial and personnel information.
- Strong Computer aptitude with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar tools.
- Professional communication skills a must for both internal and external customers.
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience, along with working knowledge of accounting systems i.e. QuickBooks or equivalent Software knowledge.
- Professionalism with positive, outgoing attitude a must in dealing with internal and external customers.
- 3 years Professional Accounting experience.
- College Degree (Experience must exceed College Degree if not obtained).
- Customer Telephone Support experience.
- Medical industry experience.
This is a full-time, in-office Professional position located in Littleton, Colorado near C-470/Broadway. Benefits include flexible schedule, casual dress, and available health, dental and vision insurance plans.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees as safe as possible, we’ve provided masks, gloves and hand sanitizers. We have also restricted the office access, and introduced mandatory daily temperature checks and log. Wearing a mask is required in commonly used areas.